Sunday, November 4, 2012

Food I've Cooked

Over the past year I've dithered about the kitchen. If bored or stressed, I cook. There is no better enjoyment than blowing it out at the grocery store and trying my luck at making something tasty. Here are some photos of dishes I made this past year that turned out and were enjoyed in my kitchens or in the homes of friends. Want to make me happy? Invite me over to mess up your kitchen!




One of the first (of many)  Chicken Picatta dishes on a warm summer night in Church Hill.  

Leave my foodwizard aunt and me to the task of making burgers and this is what happens.  

I love eggs. I love giant omelets. A tad burned but still tasty. 

bacon-wrapped petit filet mignons w/ a red wine demi glace, atop a medley of vegetables & garlic mashed potatoes paired with a burgundy. 

Thanks to my friend Ira, I learned how to make the best creamed spinach this side of the mississippi.

A massive pan-seared filet of salmon atop a salad with lemon vinaigrette.

Making an asian stir fry w/ Spencer.

A great dish Spencer introduced me to.  So simple and so tasty.   Boneless pork filets baked with Matsamo ginger dressing served with cous cows and roasted asparagus (paired with scotch here).

Chicken Pesto Alfredo with spinach.

Chicken Picatta again with broccoletti and basmati rice.

Chicken enchilada!

A Cornish breakfast casserole I made Christmas morning for my parents (eggs, sausage, potatoes), alongside a  German fruitcake called "Stollen."

This my first attempt at coq au vin, a French country chicken dish.  It looked grossish, but tasted delightful.

Goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts with a white wine cream sauce,  roasted asparagus, tomatoes & rice.


A steak salad topped with goat cheese and roasted beets.

The succulence of medium rare, steak salad detail.

Pork tenderloin glazed with apricot whilst playing chess?  why not.

Chicken Francese

Sin-On-A-Plate: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta.   Why I lost my abs in 2012. 

Mom Food: Chicken Parmesan.

Apricot glazed pork tenderloin again, this time with a sweet crunchy tender bed of mache, my all-time favorite microgreen. 

pan-seared scallops with linguine


One night we were in the mood for crab cakes.  One normally goes to a restaurant and just orders them.  Not I!   I whipped them together and crisped fries and smothered it with creamy garlic aioli atop.  Paired with Hoegaarden.

Mache!

Chicken Francese, part II, paired with my favorite cheap Sauv Blanc, Covey Run

Steak Salad yet again.

Roasted chicken thighs with garlic gloves and rosemary by Ina Garten.

Salmon coated with a dill-mayonnaise cream.  Spencer's dad inspired this awesome method.

What would a summer be without a Apricot and Chipotle Pork Burger

The beginning stages of making Ina Garten's Coq au Vin at Ira and Wales' house. 

Coq Au Vin success.  A chilly afternoon and a hearty french country din can't be beat.

porterhouse w/ roasted rosemary red potatoes

stuff that barbecued chicken!  w/ goat cheese and green beans.


kabobs!

mis en place (for a Rockfish dish w/ lime habanero and everything else I could think of)

Rockfish.

creamy alfredo pasta.

a stuffed duck, my attempt at Duck L'orange. 

Baby back ribs smothered in sweet baby rays, green beans and ham, spoon bread & creamed corn. Country goodness!

A salad of watercress with lightly seared onions, prosciutto & sautéed shitaakes.

A breakfast of champions.  Eggs done my favorite way, thick cut bacon, and French toast w/ nutella!

Salmon with cous cous and sauteed Brussel sprouts with bacon and onions. 

Paid Thai!  paired with a Trimbach dry Alsatian Riesling. 

Grilled Teryaki chicken vermicelli w/ spring rolls. 

a summer grill fest

BLT

Tomato Caprese Salad w/ balsamic glaze, mozarella & tomato.

 omelet of caramelized onion, smoked salmon and cream cheese - w/ burnt toast. 

rockfish

pork tenderloin

grilled t-bone, corn on the cob, and pea salad

lump crab salad

julia child would be proud i think. a french omelet.  Did i tell you, i love omelets?

pan seared salmon at our friend John's.

chicken picatta w/ summer squash and zucchini

dark and stormies.  I miss summer. 

  i am not a wino.

our buddy josh captures our steak din. 



stuffed chicken dinner in syracuse for Spencer's mother.

coconut cream cheese bread pudding

No comments: